The mission of NAMI Lane County is to improve the quality of life for individuals living with a mental health challenge and their families, friends, and loved ones through support, education, and advocacy.
- To become a primary source of current mental illness information in Lane County, Oregon.
- To establish regularly scheduled meetings where families and friends can come together to share experiences, discuss problems, find solutions, and extend mutual support.
- To provide information and referral regarding mental health and related services for consumers–those that have a chronic and severe biological-based mental illness, their families, and friends.
- To institute an active and aggressive program of mental health education including an attempt to counter all negative references, characterizations, and representations of mental illness or emotional disorders which act to reinforce or perpetuate existing stigma, stereotype, or discrimination against persons with mental illness and their families.
- To survey and critically rate public and private mental health facilities, services, programs, individual providers, and their operating budgets.
- To actively and aggressively participate in planning, budgeting, and decision-making sessions with agencies (public and private) that affect persons with mental illness.
- To actively and aggressively evaluate legislation, institutional policies, and administrative agencies’ operating rules and regulations affecting persons with mental illness and their families.
- To research and apply for grants and gifts from private and public souces for assistance in our goals. To aggressively enhance and prudently maintain our Foundation.
- To promote the well-being of persons with mental illness.