Volunteer Spotlight: Alanna Hatley
A Conversation with Alanna
1.What volunteer positions have you done or currently do in NAMI?
- I am a Connections group facilitator, and in June will be helping with the P2P education course.
- What keeps your inspired in your volunteer role at NAMI?
- Definitely the group members. Group is one place where there are no divisions. Everyone is there to encourage and support one another. It’s a beautiful thing to be a part of.
- Do you have a favorite quote or expression about Mental Health?
- My favorite quote is, “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Lewis Carroll – Alice in Wonderland
- Why would you recommend others to volunteer at NAMI?
- Every peer I have ever met is an expert not only on their illness, but also on their recovery. For me, knowing that my experiences may help another navigate a difficult situation is priceless.