Volunteer Spotlight: Kendra Stubbs
A Conversation with Kendra
1.What volunteer positions have you done or currently do in NAMI?
- I facilitate the Wednesday night group for Survivors of Suicide Attempts and help organize the monthly FREE Community Forums!
- What keeps your inspired in your volunteer role at NAMI?
- What keeps me inspired is the need. As a consumer of Mental Health Resources I often see where the system is lacking and not providing adequate support. That gets me fired up to be an advocate for others and also support those who are not receiving the help they need.
- Do you have a favorite quote or expression about Mental Health?
- I love the NAMI Principle of support, “We embrace humor as healthy”! I love to laugh and really do believe it is the best medicine.
- Why would you recommend others to volunteer at NAMI?
- I would recommend others to volunteer because mental health issues impact all of us. Whether it’s yourself, someone you love, or a complete stranger; chances are you encounter individuals suffering from mental illness weekly. Helping others is good for your own mental health and theirs; everyone wins!