Volunteer Spotlight: Linda Massey
A Conversation with Linda
1.What volunteer positions have you done or currently do in NAMI?
- Positions I’ve had with NAMI: Mentored Peer-to-Peer 10 week classes, facilitated peer connections support group, and served as a Resource Coordinator.
- What keeps your inspired in your volunteer role at NAMI?
- My inspiration was while I was participating in the Peer-to-Peer 10-week recovery educational class mentored by Suzanna (deceased).
- Do you have a favorite quote or expression about Mental Health?
- My favorite quote is from Principles of Support: “We find strength in sharing experiences” and “We embrace our humor as healthy.”
- Why would you recommend others to volunteer at NAMI?
- I strongly recommend Nami as it offers help in all aspects of mental health conditions! Nami has helped me see I’m not alone and taught me how to live a positive healthy life!