Volunteer Spotlight: Lukas Heaton
A Conversation with Lukas
1.What volunteer positions have you done or currently do in NAMI?
- I have volunteered at Hope Library, folded newsletters, updated the NAMI website, helped plan Community Forums, and set up for events.
- What keeps your inspired in your volunteer role at NAMI?
- Aside from knowing that my work with NAMI is directly or indirectly making people’s lives better, I have really enjoyed being able to come up with and implement new ideas in my various roles.
- Do you have a favorite quote or expression about Mental Health?
- Not specifically, but I do like to remind people that “mental health” means something different in every culture, and may even vary from person to person within a single culture.
- Why would you recommend others to volunteer at NAMI?
- The work is meaningful and the people are wonderful! It has been a pleasure to work with other NAMI volunteers and staff over the last 6 months.